The HELENA training program comprises a small number of mandatory elements like the introductory training courses (Orientation Days, TUM Kick-off or LMU Midterm Booster) and the Translational Medicine Seminar.
- Participation in the Orientation Days (once) is mandatory for all HELENA graduate students.
- As of May 2019, the HELENA Lecture Series will not be continued in its known format, instead a stronger focus will be put on the Translational Medicine Seminar Series. Until this point in time, participation in three Lecture Series and five Translational Medicine Seminar Series was mandatory. From May 2019 on, altogether eight lectures need to be attended, without a specified ratio between the two formats.
- Attendance of the TUM Kick-off is only mandatory for TUM graduate students.
- Attendance of the LMU Midterm Booster by the LMU Graduate Center is only mandatory for LMU graduate students.
- Statistics and reproducibility courses are mandatory for all new graduate students and postdocs who received a working contract from 01.01.2019 onwards. The courses will be accredited with HE points.
- For all mandatory events, an attendance list must be signed by the graduate students. The list will be sent to the GSO after the event.
Scientific Training and Education
Strategy, Programs, Resources